Mr. DeVan is a graduate from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. He has worked vigorously and tirelessly as a criminal defense attorney for clients facing investigation or prosecution in State and federal courts throughout Ohio.
He appreciates the significant and life-altering consequences for those facing criminal charges and the necessity of devoting sufficient resources to adequately defend those charged with criminal offenses. As Of-Counsel at Friedman & Nemecek, L.L.C., Mr. DeVan is an invaluable resource, bringing his years of experience to the firm’s complex criminal matters.
These cases often involve extensive and complicated litigation, including white collar prosecutions in both State and Federal cases. Mr. DeVan has represented individuals and entities in a wide array of complex criminal matters, such as bank fraud, tax evasion, and wire and mail fraud. He has also represented clients in general criminal matters, including individuals charged with aggravated murder, robbery, gambling, arson and rape.
Mr. DeVan has made significant contributions to the legal community throughout his career. His efforts have been recognized not only by his peers, but also by numerous local and national legal organizations. Mr. DeVan is a member of several local and national associations, including the Ohio Eighth Judicial District, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (“NACDL”), the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Ohio State Bar Association.
Mr. DeVan's Memberships and Accolades Include:
- Has served as a Master Bencher for the America Inns of Court, William K. Thomas Chapter, as well as various committees of the NACDL
- Has served as President of the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Has served as President of the Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Named a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Named a Fellow of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers
- Honored as one of the Best Lawyers in America
- Received accolades from Ohio Super Lawyers and Marquis Who’s Who in American Law