Mary K. Walsh, Esq.
Mary has always been driven to advocate on behalf of others. Before becoming an attorney, Mary had a successful career in healthcare, coordinating the regulatory aspect of the Phase 1 clinical trials program at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center. For more than a decade, Mary worked to ensure that cancer patients received the most innovative treatments, in the hope of prolonging their survival. At the same time, Mary shared a fascination with the legal system and its potential to effectuate systemic change. To that end, Mary entered and graduated with her Juris Doctorate from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
While at Cleveland-Marshall, Mary advocated for Humane Societies to receive restitution in cases of animal cruelty. The Law Review note she wrote on the topic was published in 26 Animal L. 417 (2020) and Mary was invited to present the note at the Law Student Scholarship Panel of the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s annual Animal Law Conference in Portland, Oregon in 2019.
Mary’s background in healthcare and her passion for advocacy led her to Friedman Menashe Nemecek & Long. Prior to joining the team as an attorney, Mary worked as a law clerk for the firm, primarily within the realm of federal healthcare fraud. Prior to her employment with the firm, Mary served as a Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Ashley Kilbane in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas. She also served as an Extern in the Cleveland Metroparks Prosecutor’s Office.
Presently, Mary focuses on appellate and post-conviction matters. As part of the Friedman Menashe Nemecek & Long legal team, Mary assists with a wide variety of investigations and cases including federal fraud, cyber sentencing, appeals, and habeas corpus relief.
Mary is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
While she is not in the office, Mary enjoys spending time with her dog, especially taking him out for hikes and ice cream.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2021
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Cleveland State Law Review, Chief Managing Editor
- Feeding Fido: The Case for Restitution in Cleveland Animal-Cruelty Convictions, 26 Animal L. 417 (2020).
- Cleveland State University, B.A. English, 2005
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Saint Joseph Academy, 2000
- Friedman Menashe Nemecek & Long, L.L.C. – Attorney, 2021 to Present
- Friedman Menashe Nemecek & Long, L.L.C. – Law Clerk, 2020 to 2021
- Cleveland Metroparks Prosecutor’s Office – Extern, 2021
- Honorable Ashley Kilbane – Judicial Clerk, 2020
- Community Legal Aid – Summer Associate, 2018
- University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center – Regulatory Specialist, 2007 to 2021
- Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumnae Association Board, Trustee, 2022 to Present
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Admissions Ambassador, 2022 to Present
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Bar Mentor, 2022 to Present
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 2021 to Present
- Irish American Law Society of Cleveland, Member, 2021 to Present