Eric C. Nemecek, Esq.
Mr. Nemecek has represented clients at all stages of criminal proceedings, including pretrial, trial and post-conviction litigation. He has handled an array of complex criminal matters in both state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Many of these cases fall within the ambit of "cyber crimes," including violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act as well as other computer and technology-based offenses. Mr. Nemecek has authored pertinent administrative, trial, and appellate arguments warranted by criminal allegations lodged against our clients.
He is a highly skilled researcher and has written legal briefs, memoranda and motions on various evidentiary and procedural trial issues. Furthermore, he has successfully litigated numerous appeals in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Nemecek is also involved in administrative and licensing hearings, including the representation of doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers and other professionals before their respective disciplinary boards. These individuals often find themselves in jeopardy of being sanctioned or possibly losing their professional licenses—even in cases when there is no criminal conduct involved.
His professional career has also included involvement in local and national associations aimed at educating and improving the legal community as a whole. He is actively involved in the American Bar Association, servings as a co-chair of the Cybercrime Committee for the American Bar Association since 2011 and as a Delegate for the Young Lawyer's Division. Mr. Nemecek is the Past Chair / President of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association's Criminal Division. These positions have given Mr. Nemecek a forum to speak and write on important topics affecting the legal profession.
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, 2007 - Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, Cleveland: B.A. English, 2005
- Saint Ignatius High School, 2001
- Partner at Friedman Menashe Nemecek & Long, L.L.C., 2016-present
- Associate Attorney and Of Counsel at McCarthy, Lebit, Crystal & Liffman Co., L.P.A., 2014-2015
- Associate Attorney at Friedman and Frey, L.L.C., 2012-2014
- Associate Attorney at Ian N. Friedman & Associates, L.L.C., 2007-2011
- Practice Focus - Municipal, State, and Federal Criminal and Civil Representation
- Magistrate Judge Kenneth McHargh, U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Cleveland - Cleveland, Cleveland, Externship, 2007
- American Bar Association, Member, 2008-Present
- American Bar Association, Cyber-Crime Committee, Co-Chair, 2011 – Present
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Delegate, 2013
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, Member, 2010-Present
- American Bar Association, Appellate and Habeas Committee, 2009
- American Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2009
- Cuyahoga County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2008-Present
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Alumni Association, Life Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 2008-Present
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Criminal Division, Chair, 2014
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Criminal Division, Vice Chair, 2013
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Criminal Law Division, Secretary, 2012
- Cleveland Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2008-Present
- Cleveland State Bar Association, Member, 2008-Present
- St. Ignatius-Loyola High School Alumni Association, Member, 2001-Present
- Cleveland Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017
- Cleveland Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016
- Cleveland Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015
- Cleveland Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013
- Cleveland Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012
- Fundamentals of Practice in the Northern District of Cleveland: Federal Court Training Program, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 2016
- CYBER ATTACK: The Perfect Crime? A Lawyer's Guide to the World of Cyber security, American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, Washington, DC, February 2014
- A Comprehensive View of Where Cyber Crime is Heading in 2012, ABA Mid-Year Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 2012
- The Intimidated Witness: Ensuring that Witnesses Participate in the Criminal Justice System, American
- Bar Association, Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, August 2012
- Computers & Law, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Guest Speaker, November 2012
- Legal Instructor for Cleveland Carry Concealed Carry Weapons Course, Sherwin Shooting Range, 2008-present
- Legal Instructor for Cleveland Carry Concealed Carry Weapons Course, Point Blank Range, July 2016
- Utilizing the Safety Valve as a Safe Haven in Federal Drug Conspiracy Prosecutions, Author,
- Attorney At Law Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 8, 2016
- Miranda: A Historical Perspective, Co-Author, Attorney At Law Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2016
- Privacy vs National Security: Decrypting the Issues and Arguments, Author, Attorney At Law
- Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2016
- From Diversion to Deportation, Author, Attorney At Law Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2016
- The State of Criminal Justice: Cybercrime in 2012, The American Bar Association, Criminal Justice
- Section, Ch. 7, 2013.
- The State of Criminal Justice: Cybercrime in 2011, The American Bar Association, Criminal Justice
- Section, Ch. 7, 2012.
- Criminal Defense 101: Tips and Considerations for Defending College Students Accused of Sexual
- Assault, The American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Newsletter, Vol. 21, No. 1, 2012.
- Law Enforcement Investigations of Technology-Based Offenses: “There’s an app for that,” The American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Newsletter, Vol. 19, No. 3, 2011.
- Law You Can Use: What You Should Know About Cleveland’s DNA Testing, August 2010.
- An Introduction to Sexual Addiction and its Conveyance to Sentencing Courts, Cleveland Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers: The Vindicator, November 2009.
- Fair Trial or Fast Trial, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, Vol. 1, No. 14, 2009.
- Cleveland Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of Cleveland
- United States District Court, Southern District of Cleveland
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
PRO HAC VICE ADMISSIONS
- Mercer County, West Virginia
- Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Osceola County, Florida
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania