Columbus Civil Litigation Attorneys
Empowering Ohio Residents to Obtain the Compensation They Deserve
When you've experienced injustice or injury, seeking appropriate compensation is essential. While criminal courts may punish the perpetrator, this does not necessarily address your personal losses. When you require direct compensation to cover your pain, suffering, and damages, civil litigation is the answer.
In civil litigation cases, legal disputes are resolved between parties seeking legal recourse against another person or entity, or monetary restitution and other legal remedies. Such disputes can arise from a range of issues, including breach of contract, personal injury, property disagreements, defamation, and more.
Friedman Nemecek & Long, L.L.C. offers comprehensive legal solutions for individuals pursuing civil justice. Our team of skilled Columbus civil litigation lawyers is committed to delivering exceptional representation, working diligently to ensure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. Recognizing the uniqueness of each case, we adopt a personalized approach tailored to your specific needs.
To arrange a consultation with one of our accomplished civil litigation attorneys in Columbus, complete our online contact form today.
Types of Civil Litigation Claims
Personal injury lawsuits can result from various incidents, such as car accidents, slip-and-fall occurrences, and workplace injuries.
Successful suits may provide compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and potential future earnings
To succeed in a lawsuit, it is crucial to demonstrate that the defendant owed you a duty of care concerning your safety. You must then establish that their negligent or intentional actions breached this duty, leading to your injuries or harm. Finally, it is essential to substantiate the extent of your losses by presenting the associated costs. Personal injury lawsuits encompass a wide range of situations, and our firm is equipped to handle numerous types of claims.
We handle a range of personal injury cases, including but not limited to:
- Medical Malpractice: This type of lawsuit arises when the negligence or misconduct of a healthcare professional causes harm. It can involve various individuals, such as doctors, nurses, or even administrative staff. Medical professionals who deliver improper treatment can be held accountable through a medical malpractice claim.
- Wrongful Death: In instances where the injured party does not survive, their family members may seek compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. These claims can cover damages like other personal injury lawsuits, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Additionally, they can provide financial assistance for funeral costs and compensate for the loss of support that the deceased had previously provided.
We also handle claims against government officials or entities in violation of your civil rights. If you have experienced a situation that rises to the level of a civil rights claim, you may have the option to file a lawsuit against them.
These rights encompass, but are not limited to:
- The right to free speech
- The right to freely practice religion.
- The right to equal protection under the law
- Freedom from discrimination based on specific attributes such as race, gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation
In civil rights lawsuits, the typical remedies sought include injunctive relief and monetary compensation to address the damages caused by these violations.
Victims' Rights Lawsuits: Pursuing Justice and Support for Crime Victims
If you have been subjected to a criminal act, you also have the right to take legal action against the person who caused you harm. Victims' rights lawsuits ensure that you receive the necessary support, resources, and protection from the criminal justice system.
These lawsuits can take various forms, including civil suits against your attacker, petitions for protective orders, and requests for restitution. The outcome of these legal actions can provide closure, help you recover damages, or achieve justice for the suffering you endured.
Business Litigation: Resolving Disputes Between Businesses and Organizations
Business litigation lawsuits occur when disputes arise between two or more businesses or organizations. These conflicts can encompass a wide range of issues, such as:
- Contract disputes
- Unfair competition
- Employment disagreements
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Intellectual property infringement
Business litigation lawsuits are complex and require a comprehensive understanding of commercial law and industry practices.
Our firm is well-equipped to manage your business dispute. We typically begin by attempting to resolve your issues through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration. However, if the opposing party remains inflexible, we are prepared to represent you in court. In your business lawsuit, you may be eligible for damages, injunctions, orders for specific performance, or other legal remedies.
The Significance of Hiring an Experienced Civil Litigation Attorney
Hiring a seasoned civil litigation attorney in Columbus is crucial for several reasons. An attorney offers invaluable knowledge and guidance throughout the legal process.
They also provide other key skills and benefits, including:
- Knowledge of the Law: An experienced civil litigation attorney has extensive knowledge of the law, ensuring your case is built on a solid legal foundation. They can identify applicable statutes, regulations, and precedents that will bolster your case.
- Strategic Planning: A skilled attorney knows how to develop a winning strategy tailored to your specific situation. This involves analyzing the facts, gathering evidence, and determining the most effective approach to help you achieve the desired outcome.
- Negotiation Skills: In many civil litigation cases, a favorable resolution can be reached through negotiation or alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation or arbitration. An experienced attorney has honed their negotiation skills and can effectively advocate for your best interests, potentially saving you time and money.
- Courtroom Experience: If your case goes to trial, having an attorney with courtroom experience is vital. A seasoned litigator understands the intricacies of presenting a compelling case before a judge and jury, increasing the likelihood of a favorable verdict.
- Protecting Your Rights: An experienced civil litigation attorney is dedicated to safeguarding your rights and ensuring you receive fair treatment throughout the legal process. Their expertise and support can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case, helping you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
Hiring an experienced civil litigation lawyer in Columbus is an investment in your pursuit of justice and fair compensation. Your attorney will have the knowledge, strategic planning and negotiation skills, courtroom experience, and commitment to protecting your rights needed to help you confidently navigate the complexities of the legal process.
By placing your trust in a seasoned attorney, you can focus on recovery and rebuilding your life, knowing that your case is in capable hands. Choose wisely and give yourself the best chance at achieving your desired outcome.
The best of the best - If you're in need of a lawyer, I highly recommend you consult with Friedman Nemecek & Long firm. They will treat you like family and will always be there for you, night or day!- Justin Y.
This firm assisted with a matter I was handling with another legal professional. Within 48 hours, the matter had fully resolved in our favor. This firm’s exceptional strategic decision-making and tenacious representation is unmatched- Lauren C.
For incredibly large or complex criminal cases, this law firm is the only place to go in my opinion. Each lawyer in Mr. Friedman's firm are at the top of their field, which reflects in the positive outcomes of their cases.- Former Client
I was facing life in prison for a crime I did not commit. After an initial conviction during a bench trial, Ian was able to get me a new trial based upon previously undiscovered evidence and I was found not guilty by a jury at the second trial almost immediately upon beginning deliberations. Ian saved my life.- Former Client
If you need a bulldog on your case, you have Ian and his team. They never give up.- Patrick M.
Co-Chair of American Bar Association Cyber Committee
Former President of the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Former President of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Legal Educators & Analysts
American College of Trial Lawyers Fellow
Rule 20 Certified - Lead Trial Counsel Capital Cases
Former President of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers
Recognized Leaders in the Legal Community
Practicing Throughout U.S. & Internationally
National Authors & Speakers on Our Team